The National Scout Rifle Championships (formerly the National Scout Air Rifle Championships) take place annually on the weekend containing the 3rd Saturday in October at The National Shooting Centre Bisley, Surrey – the International Home of Target Shooting
The event has been running for over 40 years after its first event in 1977 held at Walton Firs.
16th – 18th October 2020
In recent years the event has attracted in excess of 700 participants annually, comprising of Scouts, Explorer Scouts and Leaders.
Entry includes the main competition but also offers many other disciplines for shooters these are listed below.
The Main Competition
- 6yd Air Rifle using Pre-charged Air Rifles
- 6yd Air Pistol using Pre-charged Air Pistols
- Field Target using Spring Powered Air Rifles
- Knockdown Competition using Spring Powered Air Rifles
Optional Disciplines Rifles Supplied*
- Target Sprint
- 25yd Small-Bore Rifle
- 300yd Full-Bore Rifle
Optional Disciplines for those with their own guns*
- 6yd Own Air Rifle (Springer)
- 6yd Own Air Pistol
- 6yd Vintage Air Rifle (Springer)
- 10m Standing Air Rifle [Sporter & Open Classes] (On Electronic Targets)
- Three-Position (Prone, Kneeling & Standing) Air Rifle (On Electronic Targets)
- Advanced Field Target
*Entry to optional disciplines may require scratching from one or more main event competitions.
Camp activities include
- TechCentre (Jamboree on the Air & Internet, Constructions, Locksport, Radio, Treasure Hunt)
- Archery/Sport Crossbow.
Entry Fee includes entry to the main competition, camp fees and activities. Entrants are responsible for their own catering. Various snack bars are available on the Bisley campus.
Entry Packs are normally available for download from around Easter each year.