A more advanced qualification suitable for Club Instructors wishing to be appointed as coaches
- date & venue to be advised
This course addresses the art of coaching shooting at club level and includes sessions on:
- Structure of the Scheme
- Code of Conduct
- Roles of a Coach
- Climate Setting
- Organisation and Preparation
- Helping People to Learn: Communicating with People & Presentation Skills
- Developing Technique: Holding the Gun, Body Positioning, Firing the Shot
- Goal Setting and Motivation
- Practical Coaching
The course fee includes an NSRA course handbook and certification (valid for 5 years).
To register for this course you must:
- Hold a current NRA or NSRA RCO Licence
- Hold a current NSRA Club Instructor Licence in one or more disciplines &
- Either be a Life or Annual member of the NSRA or hold a current adult appointment in The Scout Association.
You must ensure that your underpinning Range qualification remains valid (NRA RCO, NSRA RCO or for “Airgun only” Roles, NSRA YPST) for your Club Coach Licence to be valid.
Club Coach renewal requires evidence of continuing satisfactory performance of the relevant role. This is normally provided by a letter from the secretary of your NSRA-affiliated shooting club. Again, it is important to apply for renewal before your existing licence expires. It will be helpful to send the club secretary your logbook or a copy of it. Your club secretary should then write to the NSRA quoting your Licence numbers (both CI & RCO/YPST) and enclosing a cheque for £30.00, payable to “NSRA”, to: NSRA, Lord Roberts Centre, Bisley Camp, Brookwood, WOKING Surrey, GU24 0NP.
(Do remember to provide/update your postal address, ‘phone number and email address for NSRA records).