ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENTSMedals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each age group and plaque for overall winner. Use a separate individual entry form for each competitor. The date of birth of each entrant under 18 must be shown on the entry form and their age. Age groups will be based on ages as at 9 February 2020. The Scout Association Member Number must be shown for competitors aged 18 and over. Use a separate collective entry form for each Troop / Explorer Unit / Network As required by POR (Rule 9.37d), all competitors under 18 years of age must have written parental consent to undertaking the shooting activity. An appropriate parental consent form is included with the individual entry form and should be photocopied as required. A copy of this form must be completed for each entrant under 18 years of age and must be sent with the collective entry form. The form MUST be signed in ink by the parent. Entry fees must be enclosed with the entry forms. Do NOT send cash through the post. Cheques should be made payable to Portsmouth Scout Shooting Club. Late entries, substitutions or refunds for non-participants will be allowed only in exceptional circumstances and at the organisers’ absolute discretion. Details of attendance times will be advised to the section contacts by e-mail by 2 February 2020.. However entrants should be aware that times may be allocated anywhere between 0900 and 1620 hrs but that entries from the same group will, where possible, be grouped together. Competitors must arrive NO EARLIER than 15 minutes before and NO LATER than 10 minutes before their allotted time to avoid overcrowding and time for briefing as parking is limited. Competitors should report to the hall in Scout uniform or appropriate activity wear and their necker. Late arrival may result in extended waiting periods or disqualification.
- The competitions will be shot indoors at 10 metres at NSRA targets in the standing unsupported position.
- Competitors will shoot 5 pellets at each of 3 targets. One pellet at each spot.
- The best 2 targets will then be taken for the competition score (i.e. ex-100).
- Tied scores in each discipline will be resolved by reference to the third highest card.
- If still tied the medal will be awarded to the youngest competitor.
- The supplied rifles are to be used.
- A “blinder” and “shooting glove” may be used (not supplied).
- Boots/trainers giving ankle support may not be worn.
- All Rifles will be pre sighted and competitors may not adjust the sights.
- No camouflage patterned clothes to be worn.
- No tight fitting trousers/leggings to be worn.
- The Range Officer’s decision is final in all matters relating to safety, equipment, clothing and range conduct.
- The targets will be NSRA Air 3/89. 10m air rifle.
- The rifles supplied will be Air Arms pre-charged S400 MPR and Air Arms pre-charged S200.
- If the Range Officer considers that a competitor in any age group is unable to load, aim and shoot safely, they may be allowed to continue if the Range Officer directs a member of range staff to assist. The Range Officer may also stop the competitor shooting for safety reasons.
- Clothing to be worn when shooting is to comply with the “Sporter rifle” rules – see www.sporter.org.uk Specifically, specialised shooting clothing (other than an approved ‘shooting glove’ or ‘blinder’) may not be worn.
- Due to restricted time and space rifle shooters may not use a stand.
The Annual and Regular Hampshire County Airgun Competition date has been set for Sunday 1st March 2020.
This event using both Air Rifles and Air Pistols will take place on Sunday Sunday 1st March 2020, at Hiltingbury Scout HQ
Hiltingbury Road, Chandlers Ford SO53 5NS (leave M3 at Junction 12). It will comprise four age categories (based on ages as at 1st March 2020). Entry is restricted to Groups within Hampshire Scout County.
Please complete the entry form on the following link if you wish to participate and ensure you also complete and return the Personal Information GDPR form and return to Chris Ward.
Closing date for entries is 1st February 2020